Complementing the topics of ACM SenSys 2015, this workshop will bring researchers together to explore the challenges, issues and opportunities in the research, design, and engineering of energy-harvesting and energy-neutral sensing systems. These are an enabling technology for future applications in smart energy, transportation, environmental monitoring and smart cities. Innovative solutions in hardware for energy scavenging, adaptive algorithms, and power management policies are need to enable uninterrupted operation.
High quality technical articles are solicited, describing advances in sensing systems powered by energy harvesting, as well as those which describe practical deployments and implementation experiences.
- Paper Submission: August 10, 2015 (23:59 GMT) [extended]
- Demo/Poster Submission: August 10, 2015 (23:59 GMT) [extended]
- Notification: August 31, 2015
- Camera Ready: September 7, 2015
- Power management algorithms for energy-neutrality
- Power management circuits and systems
- Approaches to enable interoperability between energy-neutral networks
- OS-support for energy harvesting sensing systems
- Network-wide distributed energy management
- Online measurement of energy intake and consumption
- Online prediction of energy intake and consumption
- Reliable operation in energy harvesting sensor systems
- Modelling, simulation and tools for effective design of energy-neutral sensing systems
- Architectures and standards
- Internet of (energy-neutral) things
- Innovative applications
- Experiences from real-world deployments
- Networking support for energy-neutral and energyharvesting sensing systems
- Event-powered sensing systems and networks
We look forward to seeing you at ENSsys 2015 in Seoul!