Registration is free for all participants, including authors. Prizes, sponsored by Arm, will be awarded for outstanding contributions.
ENSsys 2020 will be held as a virtual event in conjunction with ACM SenSys. Complementing the topics of SenSys 2020, this workshop will bring researchers together to explore the challenges, issues and opportunities in the research, design, and engineering of energy-harvesting, energy-neutral and intermittent sensing systems. These are enabling technologies for future applications in smart energy, transportation, environmental monitoring and smart cities. Innovative solutions in hardware for energy scavenging, adaptive algorithms, and power management policies are needed to enable either uninterrupted or intermittent operation.
High quality technical articles are solicited, describing advances in sensing systems powered by energy harvesting, as well as those which describe practical deployments and implementation experiences. ENSsys also offers a platform for innovative future directions by soliciting position papers.
- Abstract Submission: Sept 18, 2020 (23:59 AOE)
- Paper Submission: Sept 23, 2020 (23:59 AOE)
- Notification: October 9, 2020
- Camera Ready: October 16, 2020
- Download the Call for Papers
- Power management concepts, algorithms and circuits for energy-harvesting sensing systems
- Hardware and software concepts, algorithms and circuits for intermittent computing
- Middleware and services supporting interoperability between zero-energy networks
- Resource management and operating system support for energy-harvesting sensing systems
- Network-wide distributed energy management (e.g. routing, adaptive duty cycling, etc.)
- Communication in intermittent-power domain
- Online measurement of energy intake and consumption
- Predicting energy intake and consumption
- Ensuring reliable operation in energy-harvesting sensor systems
- Modelling, simulation and tools for effective design of future energy harvesting sensing systems
- Architectures and standards for energy-neutral, power-neutral or intermittent sensing systems
- Internet of (battery-less) things
- Experience with real-world deployments and innovative applications
We look forward to seeing you at ENSsys 2020!