Complementing the topics of SenSys 2013, ENSSys will bring together researchers to systematically explore the challenges, issues and opportunities in the research, design, and engineering of energy-harvesting and energy-neutral sensing systems. These are a technological cornerstone for future applications in smart energy, future transportation, environmental monitoring and smart cities. Innovative solutions in on-board hardware for energy scavenging, energy adaptive algorithms, and power management policies are the ultimate frontiers, opening the door to unlimited and uninterrupted operation.
High quality original technical articles from academia and industry will be presented, describing advances in sensing systems powered by energy harvesting, as well as those which describe practical deployments and implementation experiences. Attendees will benefit from ENSSys' co-location with SenSys 2013, widely regarded as one of the most prestigious conferences on sensor network research.
- Demo Paper Submission: September 20, 2013 [Closed]
- Technical Paper Submission: August 30, 2013 [Closed]
- Notification: October 04, 2013
- Camera Ready: October 18, 2013
- Workshop: November 14, 2013
- Power management concepts, algorithms and circuits for energy harvesting sensing systems
- Middleware support and services which support interoperability between zero-energy networks
- Resource management and operating system support for energy harvesting sensing systems
- Distributed energy management (routing, adaptive duty cycling etc)
- Online measurement of energy intake and consumption
- Predicting energy intake and consumption
- Ensuring reliable operation in energy harvesting sensor systems
- Modelling, simulation and tools for effective design of future energy harvesting sensing systems
- Architectures and standards for energy-neutral sensing systems
- Internet of (battery-less) things
- Experience with real-world deployments and innovative applications
We look forward to seeing you at ENSSys 2013 in Rome!